Ai-Kon 2014 is almost here!
With guests being announced, panels being approved, tables being sold and tickets now on sale, we hope that everyone is getting more and more excited for Ai-Kon 2014!
We aren't done with the fun yet! There are a lot of new things coming your way this year and soon we will be able to tell you all about them! So make sure you stay tuned!
Ai-Kon 2014 - For the Love of Anime!
Winterfest 2015 tickets are now on sale!
Posted by Katie on Dec 17, 2014
Ai-Kon Winterfest 2015 tickets are now on sale through Eventbrite! Tickets are $15 online, and will also be available at the door on the day of the event. Ticket availability will be limited, so buy early to avoid the rush at the door!
Click here to buy your ticket!
Mini Holiday Art Contest Winner!
Posted by Katie on Dec 16, 2014
We have a winner for our Mini Holiday Art Contest! Congratulations to Asuka Hazuki! The rest of the entries can be viewed here.
Ai-Kon is Happy to Announce Dates for 2015!
Posted by Katie on Dec 14, 2014
Get ready for some awesome announcements this week. To start things off, here's a big one I'm sure you've all been waiting for! Ai-Kon will take place on July 17th- July 19th, 2015 at the RBC Convention Centre!
Our Mini Holiday Art Contest Is Now Closed!
Posted by Katie on Dec 13, 2014
Our Mini Holiday Art Contest is now closed! Thank you for all your entries!
Panel Submissions For Winterfest 2015 Are Now Open!
Posted by Katie on Dec 8, 2014
Panel submissions for Ai-Kon's Winterfest are now open!
Please send your panel submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
Length of panel (including setup and tear down times):
What your panel is about:
Like in previous years, panelists will receive one free pass to the event!
Winterfest Art Table Sale Date and Mini Holiday Art Contest!
Posted by Katie on Nov 26, 2014
We have two awesome announcements for artists today!
Firstly we are happy to announce that art tables for Winterfest go on sale at 12:00pm(CST) on December 20, 2014!
Details can be found in our forums located here: Winterfest Art Table Sale Date
The second announcement is our Mini Holiday Art Contest! You can enter to win admission and an art table by drawing our Winterfest mascot, Doug, in a kigurumi. For full contest details, please check out our website forums: Mini Holiday Art Contest!
Winterfest 2015 will take place on February 28th, 2015!
Posted by Katie on Nov 25, 2014
Here's the announcement a lot of you have been waiting for: Ai-Kon is happy to announce Winterfest 2015 on February 28th at The Delta Winnipeg Hotel! Ticket sales to be announced.
The Ai-Kon 2015 Mascot Contest is Now Open!
Posted by Katie on Oct 29, 2014
Attention, artists! The Ai-Kon Mascot Contest is now open.
We’re looking for a new design for Aiko, the Ai-Kon mascot, for uses on the convention’s promotional materials and merchandise. Aiko appears on a variety of Ai-Kon promotional materials, including t-shirts, posters, flyers, badges, programs, and the Ai-Kon website.
This year’s theme is Monster Trainer Aiko.
Generally, Aiko is a cheerful, stylish, energetic anime girl with pink hair and blue eyes. Please keep the eye and hair colour but feel free to change the attitude to suit the theme.
What is a Monster Trainer? Monster trainers are the human characters present in simulation virtual pet games such as Monster Rancher and Digimon, as well as collection-based RPGs such as Pokemon. These trainers take it upon themselves to befriend, raise and train monster companions in order to fight in tournaments or to accompany the trainer on her quests and travels.
This theme will enable you lots of room to explore and be creative! Just please remember that Ai-Kon is a family friendly convention.
Rules and Requirements
● Full-body entries only
● Entries must have no background
● No entries featuring poses, outfits and/or hair styles of copyrighted characters, or copyrighted characters themselves. Any entries featuring copyrighted material will not be accepted.
● No adult-themed entries will be accepted. This will be at the discretion of Ai-Kon executives. Please ensure entries are suitable for all ages.
● A maximum limit of three entries per person will be accepted. (Please note that all entries should be individual and not adjustments of a previous entry.)
● Entries must be full-colour, 300 dpi resolution or higher, and submitted electronically in JPEG format. A smaller version of your entry may be submitted for judging as long as a higher resolution version is available.
● You may also post artwork to your own web site, DeviantArt account, or other hosting service and e-mail us the URL.
● Do not use a watermark on your submission.
● When submitting entries, please use the following naming format for your file: firstname_lastname_01.jpg (or PDF).
● All entries and rights to the images become property of Ai-Kon.
How to Enter
E-mail entries to email@example.com
The following information must be included with your entry:
● In subject line, of your submission e-mail please list your real name, and Ai-Kon Mascot (ie. Christopher Benson – Ai-Kon Mascot)
● Your real first and last name
● Your artist nickname (if you use one)
● Your e-mail address (the one you use)
● Your telephone number
Participants will receive a confirmation e-mail within a week of submission.
Entries must be received no later than Saturday, January 24, 2015 at 11:59 pm and will be judged by the Ai-Kon committee.
The winning entry and runners-up will be announced soon after.
The winner will receive: a free art table, weekend admission to Ai-Kon 2015, and an Ai-Kon 2015 t-shirt. The winning entry will be used for Ai-Kon 2015 promotional materials and merchandise.
The two runners-up will receive: A free half art table at and weekend admission to Ai-Kon 2015.
Ai-Kon 2015 dates to be announced.
Good luck to all participants!
Click Here To View The Forum Discussion
2014 Ai-Kon Schedule
Posted by Lisa on Jul 9, 2014
AI-KON 2014 SCHEDULE
Posted by Lisa on Jul 8, 2014
And for the first time at Ai-Kon - New Guest Photo Ops!