Winterfest 2015 will take place on February 28th, 2015!
Posted by Katie on Nov 25, 2014
Here's the announcement a lot of you have been waiting for: Ai-Kon is happy to announce Winterfest 2015 on February 28th at The Delta Winnipeg Hotel! Ticket sales to be announced.
The Ai-Kon 2015 Mascot Contest is Now Open!
Posted by Katie on Oct 29, 2014
Attention, artists! The Ai-Kon Mascot Contest is now open.
We’re looking for a new design for Aiko, the Ai-Kon mascot, for uses on the convention’s promotional materials and merchandise. Aiko appears on a variety of Ai-Kon promotional materials, including t-shirts, posters, flyers, badges, programs, and the Ai-Kon website.
This year’s theme is Monster Trainer Aiko.
Generally, Aiko is a cheerful, stylish, energetic anime girl with pink hair and blue eyes. Please keep the eye and hair colour but feel free to change the attitude to suit the theme.
What is a Monster Trainer? Monster trainers are the human characters present in simulation virtual pet games such as Monster Rancher and Digimon, as well as collection-based RPGs such as Pokemon. These trainers take it upon themselves to befriend, raise and train monster companions in order to fight in tournaments or to accompany the trainer on her quests and travels.
This theme will enable you lots of room to explore and be creative! Just please remember that Ai-Kon is a family friendly convention.
Rules and Requirements
● Full-body entries only
● Entries must have no background
● No entries featuring poses, outfits and/or hair styles of copyrighted characters, or copyrighted characters themselves. Any entries featuring copyrighted material will not be accepted.
● No adult-themed entries will be accepted. This will be at the discretion of Ai-Kon executives. Please ensure entries are suitable for all ages.
● A maximum limit of three entries per person will be accepted. (Please note that all entries should be individual and not adjustments of a previous entry.)
● Entries must be full-colour, 300 dpi resolution or higher, and submitted electronically in JPEG format. A smaller version of your entry may be submitted for judging as long as a higher resolution version is available.
● You may also post artwork to your own web site, DeviantArt account, or other hosting service and e-mail us the URL.
● Do not use a watermark on your submission.
● When submitting entries, please use the following naming format for your file: firstname_lastname_01.jpg (or PDF).
● All entries and rights to the images become property of Ai-Kon.
How to Enter
E-mail entries to email@example.com
The following information must be included with your entry:
● In subject line, of your submission e-mail please list your real name, and Ai-Kon Mascot (ie. Christopher Benson – Ai-Kon Mascot)
● Your real first and last name
● Your artist nickname (if you use one)
● Your e-mail address (the one you use)
● Your telephone number
Participants will receive a confirmation e-mail within a week of submission.
Entries must be received no later than Saturday, January 24, 2015 at 11:59 pm and will be judged by the Ai-Kon committee.
The winning entry and runners-up will be announced soon after.
The winner will receive: a free art table, weekend admission to Ai-Kon 2015, and an Ai-Kon 2015 t-shirt. The winning entry will be used for Ai-Kon 2015 promotional materials and merchandise.
The two runners-up will receive: A free half art table at and weekend admission to Ai-Kon 2015.
Ai-Kon 2015 dates to be announced.
Good luck to all participants!
Click Here To View The Forum Discussion
2014 Ai-Kon Schedule
Posted by Lisa on Jul 9, 2014
AI-KON 2014 SCHEDULE
Posted by Lisa on Jul 8, 2014
And for the first time at Ai-Kon - New Guest Photo Ops!
Ai-Kon 2014 Tickets are ON SALE!
Posted by Lisa on May 3, 2014
Posted by Lisa on Jan 14, 2014
Tickets On Sale Now!
Have you gotten your tickets to Winterfest 2014 yet?
Less than a month to go until your favourite DJ hits the stage, along with a full day of panels, game shows, video games, festival extras and of course ANIME!
Evanglion 3.0 in Theatres!
Posted by Lisa on Jan 14, 2014
If you haven't seen Evangelion 3.0 in theatres yet, here is your chance!